Mayo Clinic is No. 1 on the list of top hospitals for 2021, as ranked by U.S. News and World Report.
The Rochester, Minnesota-based hospital system owns 19 hospitals in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa and has been consistently ranked as a top hospital for many years. U.S. News & World Report has put out its list of the best hospitals in the U.S. for the last 30 years.
The list takes numerous considerations into account to rank hospitals, including 17 bellwether procedures and conditions, such as knee replacement, heart bypass surgery, Back surgery, diabetes, heart attack, hip fracture, kidney failure, pneumonia and stroke.
Here are the top 20 best hospitals for 2021:
1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.
2. Cleveland Clinic.
3. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles.
4. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore.
5. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.
6. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles.
7. New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, New York.
8. NYU Langone Hospitals, New York.
9. UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco.
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago.
11. University of Michigan Hospitals-Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor.
12. Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Stanford, California.
13. Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia.
14. Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston.
15. Mayo Clinic-Phoenix.
16. Houston Methodist Hospital.
17. (tie) Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis.
17. (tie) Mount Sinai Hospital, New York.
19. Rush University Medical Center, Chicago.
20. Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville.
See the full rankings here.